Friday, August 8, 2008

Recession Special!

Apparently Campus Food offered a special of the same name. I'm still reluctant to jump on the Recession bandwagon, although while searching for an account to store my modest assets, interest rates slapped me across the face and washed my mouth out with soap.

Additional wordly tidbits: Daniel J Flynn HATES Howard Zinn's leftist, Marxist perversion of American history, his omission of facts that do not mesh with his "class struggle" narrative, and his anti-American mudslinging in the name of greedy, capitalist monsters looking to profit from "the people".

I've only made it to chapter 4, and I see where Zinn's going. I'm okay with this, especially now that I've read the review. However, this sounds like a former bullied accountant who found his balls in the Grand Ole Party, perhaps himself a "Son of Liberty":
"America’s founding can be reduced to the pursuit of exploitation and profit. Well maybe for academics with lifetime subsidies and rock stars with drug-fried brains."
I challenge ye then, Ye Olde Republican Partye, to write a book that flips my leftist distrust for socioeconomic self-interest on its ear, because that worn-out, shriveling mess John McCain is not doing it for me.

No comments: