Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Brixton, Kill 'Em With The Flow


If Sex And The City has taught us anything, it's that all you need to have a good time are your girlfriends and some decadent music. These are truths.

I just got back from the Dogstar in Brixton, where Johanna, Katherine and I shook our moneymakers to all the highschool-era hits, including "Crazy In Love" and some reggaeton-pop single whose name I do not know. And while creepies gave us lecherous looks and one tapped Johanna on the shoulder, none of that mattered because we were having ourselves a gay ole Independent Women Part II time, as Sarah would say. Most importantly, I left the house in my rags and sneakers, which are proof that this is my town, where I can go out looking like shite and feel completely comfortable. What a lovely feeling!

I might be DJing at the Dogstar on February 27th, but til then, we're looking for an anti-Valentine's Day activity, of which there are many around town, mostly raves. I can hear shrieking from across the hall where Georgia is waxing Mojan, who is going to visit her boyfriend in Berlin. Being a woman is a uniquely anguishing experience, just ask Sylvia.

No comments: