Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sassy Jones on the decks


So much fun last night at the Dogstar. Brixton is just a really chill place, exempt from the posh nonsense you find in places like Victoria, where I live, and South Kensington, where these kids live. Mellow cats.

Yesterday evening Johanna suggests I just call the Dogstar since I hadn't heard back from them on DJing Friday night. Novel idea, I introduced myself to the resident DJ who was super nice and then he says he would set me up with his friend who runs an all-girls DJ night in town.

I played a really fun set, some of my mashups, some baile funk, some hip-hop, and my entourage and I had a blast. The room was packed with people getting crunk, singing along, it rocked! I have never DJ'd at a real club before, but I like it. And the Dogstar guy wants me to give him a demo, which would be "Beaster Eggs" from 2007.

Flashing. Lights.

No comments: