Monday, July 21, 2008

Future Roach Material

That's an Irvine Welsh creation. I'm almost halfway through Trainspotting and it gets juicier and meatier and scummier with each chapter. The characters are hi-larious, especially when they get introspective or start whining about interpersonal male conflicts, the same ones I thought not to exist. Reminds me of , Boyfights.

On Saturday Sam and I sat in his room, paralyzed by humidity, and listened to Da Drought 3. My favorite songs are "I Can't Feel My Face" and "Upgrade U".

"Lil' Wayne is the greatest rapper in the world." -Lil' Wayne

Well there's a clear conflict of interest above, but I'd agree that currently Lil' Wayne is the greatest rapper in the world. Others would concur:


Lil' Wayne knows a simile when he spits one. He's not starting a revolution with his music, rather he's making better versions of other people's songs and slapping the world in the face with them. This formula works for him on Da Drought 3, evidence that Weezy has the game on lock, and not by doing anything extraordinary with rap music, but by highlighting the inadequacy of his competition. What a dick.

Eventually, Sam and I arrived at this: In middle school you're too self-conscious, and in college you're not self-conscious enough.

Hey yinz, Primanti Bros. is 75 years old! They had a big ole bash in the Strip on Saturday to commemorate. As I watched it from a distance under a tarp, I ate some pad thai from this awesome family's truck, alternatively drawing, reading Trainspotting, getting sauce all over Trainspotting, getting sauce on the drawing (miraculously, I came out sauce-free). Saturday is my favorite day of the week.

Dank like a summer night in Atlanta and humid as hell's sauna, this weekend was perfect for 40s on the stoop, 40s on the fire escape, the buzz within and without, crickets shacking up, butterflies slapping their wings in the dark and dancing inside a fizzy tummy. Summer, thanks a bunch.

No comments: