Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tornado? I'm So Excited !!!

It's raining in Pittsburgh, putting an end to a nasty heat wave. Fruit flies need not apply. Cellphones are so impersonal, and the removal and addition of contacts can symbolize many things--breakups, makeups, hookups, new friends. Then there's the acquisition of numbers which become too many numbers to ever call them all, so they just take up space. A warm piece of plastic rests against my thigh, inhaling and exhaling, sending out noncommittal bleeps and buzzes, always nagging.

So I decided to throw my cellphone into the Allegheny this morning. It was a magnificently liberating moment, watching the mechanic, unseemly toy escape from my fingers and collide with the choppy, dynamic surface of the river before being swallowed completely.

And then I woke up to none other than...a text message! [Forced re-entry to] reality blows.

However, the day is ripe. Drew and I are going to see !!! tonight at Rex Theatre. Tonight's event proceeds many nights last summer in Fill's living room, when Drew and I, blind to the world, oscillated wildly to "Hello? Is This Thing On?"

Hell yeah it's on, turn it up!

No comments: