Thursday, July 10, 2008

Our America: What Independence Means to Me

by Tommy
3rd Grade

When I think about independence I think about Britney Spears. She is from a small town in Louisiana but she became famous when she was only a kid like me. She went all around the world singing and dancing for everyone because they loved her so much.

Then my mom took away my sister's Britney Spears poster and we started seeing her on the news. Mom would try and change the channel but dad said No they'll hear it at school anyway. We did hear it at school.

Billy Brandon said his dad threw out his Britney Spears CD on account of him not raising a featherbottom. And Melissa who smells and is stupid and I don't like it when she tries to kiss me said her mom only lets her listen to Hannah Montana because she's a Christian.

So as I was saying Britney Spears was independent and showing the world what America is all about. Having fun and making mistakes and repeating them after you say Oops which makes it okay. Also, she says to support our president no matter what. Our president is like Britney Spears because he is from a small town in the South and my mom also says the South is a place that time forgot about. And high-jean.

The president and Britney Spears do not have any time since they are always on TV giving speeches and sometimes Britney is asleep on the sidewalk while people take pictures. Probably because she is so tired.

Sometimes I wonder if the news is laughing at her to alleviate the hopelessless of tracing the demise of a gluttonous society whose cultural and economic heyday vanishes at the hands of a once-hailed corrupt leader.

Anyway, Billy Brandon and me would agree that independence and America and Britney Spears are very much alike since all 3 can make a comeback and everyone will love them again.

Just whatever you do, don't fall asleep while you're dancing.

The End.

No comments: