Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mind It Races

It took me until 6am to shut off my brain last night. There are so many things I've come to realize recently and I'm stirring! For one, I still cannot grasp the reality that Koko is coming here then to Amsterdam where I will turn 21. I can't imagine a better birthday present.

Tomorrow I register for my last fall semester at Carnegie Mellon. Sad. I need to be back in yinzer land. Stomping the gravel, running across bridges, laughing while horiztonal. Now that there's only 1 week left in Easter Break, time seems to be picking up speed. In 3 weeks I'll be done with exams, packed, ready to go on my vacation. And to the beach! The freaking Cote d'Azur!! And then back to London for what I expect to be a sad week, then to Atlanta for 1.2 seconds then to Pittsburgh--my love! Drew's living at my place for the summer, so that means the roof is on fire.

And I've finally sorted my next year's apartment dilemma. I'm living in a studio in Cathdral Mansions (on the same floor as Rex!!) and Koko and Drew are living across the street in Fairfax. Let the good times roll. We're going to groove out North Oakland!

Below are some works from my sister's leading man, whom I learned of in a life update e-mail that made me smile around the face.
Courtesy of Marlon Sagana Ingram.

As for the near future, going on a picnic with BU friends tomorrow. Writing up my presentation for oral exam today.

I feel alive! I wrote my boss telling him to please give me my job back please, and applied for some freelance writing gigs in Pittsburgh. I seriously feel like the next 4 months are a love song to me. 21, Amsterdam, Koko, France, parents, Pittsburgh, summer! Senior!

So here it is, my trajectory of jetsetting:
London>Oxford>Amsterdam>Paris>Lyon>Avignon>Nice>Atlanta>Pittsburgh>San Francisco?

What's next? BRAZIL!

___

My last dream was about a baby horse (colt?) walking out of the ocean and only 2 other people saw it happen and we all looked at each other in awe. Rebirth is a trip.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you have the same initials as me, guys.